Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Coffee Re-PUB-lic, In the premier province of the North.

Still in Pangasinan, before hitting the bed, we had a quick stop at this relaxed looking coffee shop. We passed by this earlier in the morning but it was still closed. A coffee shop closed in the morning? I was intrigued.

So after having dinner, we stepped out of the hotel and strolled towards the coffee shop. It only took us about 80 steps, not that I counted but it was only a few feet away.

We took snaps from across the street, at that time of the night there I'm pretty sure we looked suspicious. LOL!



Okay, so we went in. I really liked the ambiance, as if we were in the beach, the walls are decked with bamboo, plants on the sides, picture frames on the wall, it was just a small space but it felt cool and relaxing considering their location. They are situated along the main road which is the busiest street of Mangaldan.





View outside the shop


On to the menu, since we just had dinner we were hoping to have some dessert. Unfortunately they don't have pastries, they have sandwiches tho. But, I just think COFFEE SHOP=pastries. Anyway, we were so full from the meal that we just had so you'd think we would have tea or hot coffee but it was just super hot so we ordered shakes.



I had Toffee Banoffee, I originally wanted Hazel Nut but it wasn't available. Maries had Choco Fudge. The shakes were good, if you are into sweets like I am. My friend thought it was just too sweet for her.



We stayed for a bit, took some snaps and even posed for some pic with the owner. Talked to her for a minute for a little interview.



Ms. Shay, the owner.


The Coffee Republic has been around for 4 years, they open at 4 or 5PM if I remember correctly and closes at 2 or 3AM.


The place is more like a resto-bar, a pub rather than a coffee shop. Considering the lack of pastries which I am crazy about, and the name itself. But don't let that remark disappoint any of you. I still like the place, and would definitely try out the other food next time and will surely update this write-up.

Since we didn't order any food, just to give you an idea of what kind of food they serve here are some pics I grabbed from fellow bloggers.


Clubhouse

Sizzling Tofu Sisig



Till next!


Photo credits to:

Reginald Agsalon - pangasinantour.blogspot.com

EJ Dangla - http://tastylifebits.blogspot.com/2014/04/fly-to-coffee-republic.html

If you feel I have violated you in anyway, you are welcome to let me know and I'll take down the pics grabbed from your blog.


Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment