Thursday, July 10, 2014

M-A-C-K at Tiyo's

Since you just had your birthday my dear friend, I decided to write something dedicated to you. And a bit about the birthday dinner too. =)


Yep, Mack it's your birthday (or was, for this is just long overdue), your 33rd birthday and yet you do not look anywhere near 33. I know it's unfair for others, not for me, I know I look 28 yes I look 28. LOL! Seriously, stay looking and feeling young, happy and be healthy my dear friend. We still have many places to go to, restos to eat at, loads of shopping to do (shopping that we haven't done in years! how life has changed). It has changed, like a major overhaul (overhaul in a good sense) has been done. How I missed and cherrish the old days. Highschool days, sleepovers, tambay sa starbucks and seattles, out of town, clubbing nights that we looked forward to every weekend, tambay sa shell marcos hi-way, eat out at Leonard's in Antipolo... And the list goes on and on and on.


We've shared tons of good memories I honestly can not remember any bad I'm sure there were only a few, and I'm also sure we've learned from those.

How I met Mack!

Third year highschool, Maries and I were seatmates and we both clicked instantly, that's where it all started. Maries whom you were (still are) very close with introduced you to me, right after that I started joining you guys for lunch and breaks, then we started hanging out at the mall, sleepovers or just bumming around the entire day. I had to admit, and I told only 1 person this that back in the day I wasn't comfortable being alone with you ( I never meant that in a bad way), you were just very quiet and didn't talk much to me. Maybe cause I was new in your group or we really had nothing to talk about. LOL!

But those days of awkwardness died easily. Like Maries, you and I clicked too. We shared passion for fashion (fashion that was kinda baduy now when you look back, aminin!) LOL! I admire how you have a knack for making clothes from scratch and how you turn boring clothes to fashionable ones. We shared a lot of stuff about the arts, we both liked to draw. I remember taking the College of Architecture and Fine Arts entrance exam in UST with you, I remember how boring that was... And I also remembered we didn't get in, haha! That was after high school and I thought after that, highschool friends will become nothing but a distant memory.

But here we are, it's been like what 18 years??? And we are still friends, sisters even kumare's. Cheers to many years of friendship, and thousand years to come.

Fast track to the future!!!


Okay, June 2014 (it's now July #throwback) my dear friend it's your day! I was told we were going to have dinner at this place in Marikina called Tiyo's.



Tiyo's is a, how to describe this? It's sort of like an old house, french windows, wooden benches, lots of trees and plants, like a garden setting to be exact. A small wedding reception would look nice in here because the ambiance gives a slight romantic and cozy feeling. This is located in the residential area of Marikina so the place is peaceful and quiet, not many vehicles pass by.


The food, the food was great. Just right to the taste, and the price was also reasonable. The serving is good for sharing. There were 5 of us, 4 adults and a 4 year old kid that eats like an adult.



It took a few minutes for our food to be served, I'd say about 30 mins? Be sure to have a little something before coming here, of course it takes time to prepare good food. While waiting for our food, we took some snaps.










And the wait is over! Our food!

Forgive me, I forgot what they call this. Chicken bits in tortilla wrapper with salsa and creamy white sauce.

Creamy Chicken Alfredo

Spaghetti and Meatballs


Vegetarian Pizza



Wait, the best part is yet to come. After an hour or so of enjoying the tasty meal, yesssss, the desert, we brought in cake for the birthday girl and also ordered a slice of chocolate cake.

Sinful!





The best part is, the 1 PESO coffee!!!



This is what I came here for! LOL!


Your 2nd cup of coffee for this year. Haha! At least, the one that's captured.




Well I only had 2 cups, I would have had more if I didn't have 2 cups of coffee at work. But it's refreshing to think that I had 2 cups of coffee for only 2 pesos. Considering the price increase these days, Hahaha! We enjoyed it very much. Enjoyed the food, the ambiance, the laughter, everything.

Friends! <3 <3 <3



But most of all, we enjoyed each other's company.

Till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment