Monday, August 4, 2014

Vegan Restohunt

Let the hunt begin!

I'm not a full-pledged vegan yet, but soon I will be. Thanks to a co-worker of mine, Archie who has been nothing but an inspiration. :) This article is about, vegan resto hunting. I don't think I need to explain that further, the title simply says it all. 

First stop!

My Happy Veggie
(Masangkay, Binondo, Manila)


It was Saturday my rest day, thinking of something productive to do. Well, maybe not that productive, I guess just looking for something good to do. My friends invited me for an oyster party (as in talaba), and I was like noooooo. 



Anyway, it was lunch time so I decided to drag my son into vegan resto hopping. Today I’ve chosen to scour Manila area, specifically in Masangkay Street, Chinatown area. In Masangkay alone, I think there are about three vegan restos. So for this day, I’m hoping to go to at least two. We hopped in the car then started the hunt, we finally reached Recto and as expected the traffic was terrible. What normally would take us 10 minutes, took us more than 30 minutes, then when we finally found the resto there was no available parking on site.  So we had to look around then finally, we found one.

 I don't frequent this other side of Masangkay, so technically it was my first time here. Masangkay is just along Recto Avenue, going to Divisoria make sure to stay on the right side of the street once you see Benavidez Street, make a right then just go straight till you reach the church which only leads to the left, then you’ve reached Masangkay.   


We found it, we’re Here!!! My Happy Veggie.. 





 

The place is warm, apart from the airconditioner being turned off, yeah, it is warm cause of the tangerine and yellow wall color. My son kept on complaining that it was so hot. Since we were the first ones there, they didn’t turn on the aircon yet. When the owner came in just a few minutes after we got there, that’s when they turned on the aircon. (cost cutting much?)







Anyway... Let's check out the menu.




  



While waiting for our food... It didn't take long, I think it took less than 30 minutes for our food to be served.

The spring rolls came in first, they looked so yummy. I liked the sesame seeds, that's something new.

Spring Rolls, 5pcs P70.00

This one's our favorite, just perfect.

Dumpling Noodle P90.00. My least fave.

Lemon Nugget Rice P93.00. I love the citrus taste of this


When we go to vegan restos I don’t tell my son that what he’s actually eating are veggies, only after eating do I tell him, or when he say that it’s really yummy.



It's my first time to try barley and I loved it, it kind of tasted like gulaman.





We're almost done..

The cost of the meal here is very affordable, the rice meal costs only P90 and that's cheap considering the serving, we even had leftovers. 

That's it for today, since the traffic was awful, and the parking space is uncertain, we only managed to go to one vegan resto.


If you are ever in the area, best you eat at My Happy Veggie!



Drink Fresh
(Masangkay, Binondo, Manila)


We were supposed to go to this fruitshake bar that I saw on google, it is also located in Masangkay. So I thought, we can drop by there for some refreshements after lunch, but the traffic was tremendously annoying! We had to do some grocery shopping so we postponed that for another day.

After 2 or 3 days, after work I decided to look for the fruitshake bar. Same street and same parking situation. It took me 10 minutes to get a parking slot, yup, just for a shake.

Organic fruit shakes! I tried their bestseller which is Guyabano. Just tell Ate not to put milk, just a little bit of sugar and you're good to go.

I know it isn't such a good idea to make flavor suggestions at this point since I've only tried one flavor, I'll make sure to try other flavors soon.


Wait for the update.. 😊



New Quan Yin Chay, Vegetarian
(Ongpin, Binondo, Manila)
http://poseidonsheiress.blogspot.com/search?q=charmed+binondo+girl



I have written an article about this resto a few months back. I like the food choices here, there are lots to choose from and everything looked great.

There were lots of customers, so that's a good sign. But I really don't enjoy crowded restos, wherein you can not eat well and you have to hurry cause other people are waiting to be seated. Anyway, the food experience was good. Thumbs up for the food and most of all, it is super affordable.

Had steamed broccoli, Bicol express (meat magic), shabu-shabu and kiampong rice. Everything there looked so yummy and very affordable. The big bowl of shabu-shabu costs P150, if I'm not mistaken 1 viand+rice costs P50, 2 viands+rice P70 add P10 for kiampong rice and add P20 for fried rice. :)



Next stop.... To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment