Monday, March 10, 2014

Cubao Expo

Among the list of places we wanted to visit was Cubao Expo, and we made that happen just a few weeks ago. Cubao Expo is located at the Araneta Center near Ali Mall, if I'm not mistaken this place was formerly known as Marikina Shoe Expo. There are lots of unique finds in every store, they don't only sell shoes like one would initially expect since it was once known as a shoe expo. But Cubao Expo has a whole lot to offer, from vintage stuff, collectibles, and unusual finds which my friends and I are always on a hunt for, there are also clothes, shoes, bags and stuff from the past and stuff from now. I have a very faint memory of the first time I visited this place, it wasn't fully developed back then, but I definitely remember that I enjoyed in the ukay-ukay shops.

What I like about it now, the place is now well lit and a few restos has been added and lot of people are now taking time to appreciate the place. For me, it's always a different feeling to take a trip down memory lane some people find comfort in going back to the past, I simply just feel happy seeing stuff that reminds me of my childhood. Most shops close early tho, or maybe we just came in a little late. Oh and some of the shops were closed then, and we found out that they have different rest days so there's a certain day that a shop would be close.

I was hoping to share loads of photos but the admin was very strict about taking pictures in the area, but we managed to take some stolen shots. My apologies.. Well we weren't aware that it was prohibited, pictures already taken so it's ours to keep. ;) Besides, we just wanted to share to friends and family how nice the place is. But, it was funny how the guards would make ninja moves on you and pop up behind your back saying "Bawal po mag-picture ma'am". Fine! Actually it was annoying cause we were super excited to be there. Good thing some of the shop owners were kind enough and allowed us to take some snaps of their uber lovely store.

                                                         MY BREATHING SPACE
                                                              Collectibles & Gifts
                                      www.facebook.com/mybreathingspacecollectiblesandgifts
This is my favorite shop, not only is the owner super friendly, but he allowed us to take pictures endlessly so we voraciously did. ;)

                                         
                                                                      Cars, old and new..                    
                                             

         Who doesn't love Audrey Hepburn? My breathing space has the largest Audrey Hepburn collection.

 It's the only shop that has mermaids! I hope you still have this piece the next time we visit.

                                                
                                                         Added one to my collection... ;)

Just look at that! If you love coke, then you'll definitely love it here.


This is actually a cool idea to display your mug collection. Don't ya think? 

A few more pics from the other shops...
Me want one!

Fash! This actually scares me. It's lovely but I don't want it in my house. What if it walks during night time? LOL!

Oldies but goodies!

Love the smell of books... Would've loved to go to THE READING ROOM, unfortunately they were closed the day we went there..

What a pose? ;)


Those glasses! Must be from the 70's!

PEZ galore! Had tons of these when I was a kid...

Me, Maries and Mack...



That's it for this trip! Will definitely come back to this place, it brought back a lot of childhood memories. The toys from the 80's, collectible items from 50's, 60's and 70's. If you want to take a trip down memory lane, then this is the place where you should be. 

Cubao Expo 
(The Old Marikina Shoe Expo)
Gen. Romulo Avenue
Araneta Center, Cubao, Q.C.




Photo Credits to Mack! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment