Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kanto Freestyle

Kanto tayo! Kanto means corner, but for my office mates and I it means food trip! A resto that serves breakfast all day everyday.

A house converted into a restaurant...

I've learned about Kanto Freestyle Breakfast mid last year when one team from my department were raving about eating pancakes at this place called Kanto. So I was like, Kanto what? Not only were they talking about the place but they even brought in a lot of leftover pancakes, what a lucky day. Free food! So I got to taste blueberry pancakes, it was a yummy 3 layered pancakes topped with blueberries. It was okay, but when I found out about the price, it was only P80 or P90. How cheap is that? Okay, I guess semi affordable sounds better. So we definitely have to go there! Months passed, we've made plans about going there but all those planning only remained as, yes, plans. LOL! But just a few weeks ago it finally happened and I was so excited!!!

We finally made it! After burning tons of calories from the fun run, we are here to gain those calories back. LOL!

Busy looking at the menu.

Right after the fun run in BGC, we rushed to Kanto in Kapitolyo this branch is particularly close to our office. I was super hungry when we got there, so i browsed the menu fast and requested for my order to be served right away. LOL! And yup, they were fast and they were also very nice too.

They have two other branches, in Libis, Q.C. and in Mandaluyong, and another branch somewhere near DLSU Taft. Okay so let's get to the food. At first, I thought they only served pancakes cause that's all I ever hear. Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes. Blueberries, mixed berries, strawberries, chocnut, cookies and cream and more. Boy was I happy to find out that they have more than just pancakes. Let's get to the menu, shall we?

Coffee with a dash of cinnamon @ P25... Breakfast wouldn't be complete without a cuppa coffee.

Spanish sardines tempura @ P90
This spanish sardines tempura was my order. Spanish sardines with tempura style breading, I really like this food, with or without the breading. This was actually the first time I have ever tried something like this and, nope I wasn't disappointed.

Pork belly @ P90
Who wouldn't want to eat this?? Irresistible, crispy and tasty, Elaine can vouch for that. Haha!

Vigan Longaniza @ P65.
  I just thought it was super small, and that it wasn't worth ordering. But my office mate said it was okay , the tomatoes were perfect it had pesto on it. 


Crispy buttered, garlic chicken. This really wasn't on the menu, probably new I think it also costs about P90. 

Pancakes with Chocnut Ganache @ P80. You get free pancakes if you come there on your birthday

Tocino

My fave, Deep Fried OREO!!! Oh soooo yummy! Also try deep fried cloud, cloud 9 with breading. I got excited when I saw it, forgot to take a snap. P50
Happy tummy!


Pictures below were only taken there 2 days ago. We got there at 8:00 AM, and we were on the waiting slot, number 5 on the queue to be exact. They have recently decided to go full blast and are now open 24 hours. So I'm pretty sure it's overwhelming for them, good thing tho the customers were all waiting patiently.


While waiting to be seated, tambay tambay nalang muna sa kanto.

Before and after.
 Photo above, waiting for the food to be served. I think it took them 35 mins to serve the food and most of our orders weren't available, like the Tuyo flakes with kesong puti which I have been dying to try. And the spanish sardines tempura style wasn't available too. And those were the only seafood on the menu which I can eat, good thing they have a tinapa ready. 


What we ate last Saturday. Spam, tinapa, clubhouse sandwich and crispy bacon.

We should try this sometimes... 

KANTOFIED!

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so have breakfast any time of the day. Get Kantofied like me!

For a complete list of the menu go here:
http://www.munchpunch.com/kanto-freestyle-breakfast-mandaluyong/menu

Better yet, follow them on facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/kantofreestylebreakfast

Here are their addresses:
- 549 San Joaquin St. Brgy. Plainview Mandaluyong
- 6 Aquillina St. Cor Col Divino Sto. NiƱo Marikina





No comments:

Post a Comment