Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fun on the Run

So why write about this particular event? Cause it was a fun and share worthy experience. Fun runs seem to be a big hit in the Philippines, it has been around for quite a few years now. And most of them are for a good cause. Early this year my friends and I were lucky enough to be a part of a benefit fun run, portion of the fee went to super typhoon yolanda survivors.

A lot of my friends are now on a healthy diet, and are running. Running is a way of life now, as funny as it may sound but it's true. A lot of Filipinos have changed their lifestyle, and I think fun runs has a lot to do with it the more organizations organize a run, more people join and more people are encouraged to live a healthy life. Take this particular run as an example, 5K Color Dash organized by CCAP, my team mates and I joined not only because it was going to be fun but we are also on a race to having a fit and healthy lifestyle.

"Healthy living huh?" ;) LOL! Here are some photos.

                         
We arrived in BGC @ 5:30 A.M. we were all psyched and ready to run. 5K here we come! LOL!

Selfie before the run!


Seriously sweating it out...
                                                     
Taking a break, walking and posing. Honestly, most of the participants of this run were walking and just taking pictures. We are a bit guilty for all the selfies and pics we've taken, but we couldn't help it. Peace! 


 And I thought the paint was going to be sprayed for every kilometer you finish. But no, you have to put it on yourself which was kind of gross. The paint kinda looked like fertilizer only with color and it stinks too and it was inside a sack of rice. Oh well, what can I do? Color Dash nga eh, I wouldn't want to finish the run without any color on my shirt while everyone else looked like a face with smeared make up on. Hehe!

Oh so refreshing! Yes, I made it. We all made it!
Tryna be funny! Kasi fun run!

 
After party! I imagine zombies coming out of that thick smoke. LOL!

My victory jump. ^_^
And yes, I just have to make that jump! I think I only ran 3K out of the 5K, the other 2K were spent walking and picture taking.

This was definitely a fun and exhilarating experience. I would join another event like this, can't wait for the zombie run this November. I would surely win that if it were a race. LOL! Two thumbs up for this. It was all goooood!


No comments:

Post a Comment